Monday, November 12, 2012

Pages

On my first solo trip out, I decided to go to the craft store to buy a scrapbook. It's something I've always meant to do for each of the kids, but I've never had the time or dedication. It's always felt like other things were more important.

But before the pieces of Sarah's memory get lost throughout the house, I wanted to get ahead of it. Something simple and neat. So when we are ready to show the kids, they'll understand that she was very much a part of all our lives.

I was okay until I realized that some scrapbooks are expandable. You can add pages. That's the point when I had to bite my lip in the store and not lose it completely.

No new photos of Sarah are coming. No firsts. No seconds. No holiday card with that enormous dreidel.

I just had to choose a fixed number. How many pages did she need to tell her short and brief life?

2 comments: