Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I won't fear love

We were likely done having children after Sarah. My brain was settling into the idea of getting rid of the bins of baby stuff. I could pass on Jonah's handmedowns now, rather than holding onto everything for two girls. We could finally paint the bedrooms. Everything in its place.

Now? Limbo.

I don't know. I don't know if I want to be pregnant again. I don't know if I could live every day in fear of losing another child.

Is it greedy to want more? We have two amazing, healthy kids. Firmly out of babyhood, much to my dismay. A year ago I was ready to do it again.

Apparently this is okay, not to know. Not to have plans.

The truth is that right now, it's not that I want more children. It's that I just want Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment