Monday, November 5, 2012

Not alone

I have received dozens and dozens of private FB msgs and emails in the last few days. Each one offering prayers and good wishes to me and my family. Its overwhelming. Every time I see my inbox, I need to brace myself. Because each one makes me cry, each one opens up the wound again.  And yet I keep on looking. Because it reminds me that I'm not alone. And I'm not the first person to go through this, nor will I be the last.

If I have not responded to you, please know that I did read your note. I probably read it six times. And that writing back is not indicative of anything, other than being overwhelmed with emotion.

1 comment:

  1. Abby ~

    Hugs and more hugs. While I do not know you, I know your mom through LLL. I wanted to share that while I do not know firsthand of your pain, my best friend does and even as a grandma. Her daughter had a stillbirth just over a year ago and it was one of the hardest things for me to support someone through.

    Judi, my friend, also had a stillbirth. When you are ready, their stories are on www.mommamuse.com I know others who have gained some ... comfort seems like the wrong word ... from sharing in others' pain.

    Hugs again and again.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete