Monday, December 24, 2012

To the moon and back

My husband is a private dude, so I've refrained from mentioning him much on this blog to respect his privacy. But there is something specific that I would like to share.

One of our first conversations after we came home from the hospital, without Sarah, was a promise to each other that we would not allow this tragedy to pull us apart. I had remembered reading that many couples do not make it through the loss of a first child and I told him this. Our marriage has always been strong - and he has been my best friend for almost 15 years. But I know how quickly grief can turn to anger and resentment. Losing Sarah was an unimaginable tragedy, and there was no way I could bear to lose him.

Saying it out loud was important. And allowed me to move forward by acknowledging my fear. That we wouldn't hold back, that we would face these feelings together. I love you, Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment