Monday, December 31, 2012

2012

It's the 31st again. The last day of December.  And the last day of 2012.

This year did not go as expected. In fact, by all accounts, it was pretty miserable.  My husband was more sick than not, culminating with major surgery over the summer. It was hard having a father and a husband out of commission, taking care of two littles and being pregnant.

And then we lost Sarah.

2012 was horrible.

But if I had to do it all over again, I would. I didn't enjoy my husband being sick.  But he was home for more time than we've spent together in years. Yes, it was hard. But it was also good. And at 6 months post-op, he's now free of all the symptoms which caused his pain.  We prioritized and he finished (and passed!) another semester of his post-grad semester. For this, I am thankful.

My Jonah started kindergarten and took the world by storm.  His teacher adores him and has truly nurtured him during this trying time. For this, I am thankful.

And my Rachel exploded in words and personality.  She speaks in full sentences, challenges her big brother at every step, and appears to be one of those girls who will always have an opinion.  Kinda just like her Mama.  For this, I am thankful.

And we lost Sarah this year.  But we also had her.  We had her safe, warm and loved for 41 weeks and three days.  She knew our voices, she knew she was wanted.  And all of this was in 2012.

So 2012 was horrible. But I'm glad we did it, together.

No comments:

Post a Comment