Monday, December 10, 2012

Shall we play a game?

"Strange game. No winning move. How about a nice game of chess?"

Who would have thought that a Matthew Broderick movie could hold so many answers and yet none at all?

The end of my October really sucked. And so did all of November. Turns out I'm not the only one who has had such a horrible time. One of my readers emailed me privately to talk about her own pregnancy. Prenatal testing has revealed that her son won't survive outside her womb due to a chromosomal abnormality.

My immediate thought is to rationalize - at least she knows. OTOH, how horrible - she knows! It's the same evil game of which is worse, could it be better, what would I do?

"Strange game. No winning move."

But you still have to play the game. There's no opt out, like in the movie. It still goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment