Saturday, December 15, 2012

It's all good

A friend called me up this morning. I could tell she was feeling nervous and awkward, before she even said so herself.

Death, dying and grief isn't something I'm good at, either. I'm good at solving problems, finding creative answers and speaking Sarcasm. Turns out these things really aren't compatible.

But I'm also good at writing about what I know. It's the most useful thing I learned from the prolific Stephen King.

And I also know when things don't make sense, when you hurt and you don't direct those feelings in a productive way, that they just gnaw at you until you pop. So I write. And some of those things end up here.

I told my friend that there's really nothing "wrong" that you can say to someone like me, other than perhaps "congratulations."

Yeah. Such Sarcasm. But true.

And like a true friend, she pushed through her own emotions and did what she thought was right. She called. She put it out there. And really, who can't use a little more honesty in their lives?

Thank you, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment