Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Excuses

A few months before Sarah was born, we started to tackle our "junk" room. The bedroom that still had boxes from when we moved in. I had a list of excuses to not to deal with it, including:

+ being pregnant with Rachel when we moved in
+ then having a newborn and a preschooler
+ busy with Other Things
+ pregnant again

But this summer, we said enough was enough. And I threw money at the problem. I drove down to IKEA and bought bedroom furniture for the room, forcing the motivation to deal with the room.

And we sort of did. The room got transformed... there are photos on FB to prove that the room was tidy for as long as it took me to point and click.  Except... those pile of boxes were picked through a bit and moved to MY LIVING ROOM.

They have been sitting there ever since. Several friends offered to help me deal with them. And my sister even said, "If you don't do it now, you'll never have time once the baby comes..." But I couldn't face them.

And so they sit.  Right there.  Overflowing.  And possibly multiplying at night.

The excused are plentiful.  And the solution is easy.

Just
do
it.

No comments:

Post a Comment