Saturday, January 19, 2013

Time

It's hard to find a post partum routine that doesn't involve taking care of a newborn. There's this odd bit free time that I never expected - and therefore I never made plans. No classes or preschool for Rachel. No swimming lessons for Jonah.

I did, however, bow to the pressure of friends and family and go to a Zumba class. I'm sure you've heard the hype, but it's basically the Jazzercise of the 2010's. In fact, I spotted a woman there actually wearing a Jazzercise sweatshirt and almost asked her if it was an original from the 80's.

It was good workout. As someone almost completely out of shape, I was able to find a level of exhaustion that didn't quite make me fall to the floor. And in those moments where I thought about taking a break, I reflected on Sarah's birth. Because if I could get through that, nothing a Zumba class instructor could throw at me could possibly make me quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment