Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Still running

The kids are playing a running game. Back and forth through the office, into the playroom, and up onto the couch using "stairs" they constructed out of a mountain of toys and pillows.

I'm sitting in front of the computer. Looking at FB, seeing other people's photos... photos of babies recently born. Their babies are being held by family, friends and dressed in adorable outfits that will only fit for a few weeks. You can see the joy on all of their faces. Perfect. Adoring. Magical.

There's no worry. No fear. No feelings of emptiness. No despair that they will never, ever get to hold their child again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Abby,

    I just read most of your blog. I am so sorry for your loss of Sarah. I lost my Jagger at 17 weeks pregnant. For no known reason. I should have been giving birth to him in just a weeks time.

    This may be weird to say, and I know not the same feelings, but it was just nice to read your blog. And grieve with you. This week is just so hard with this milestone coming upon me.

    So *hugs* to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete