Thursday, January 24, 2013

Duality

Being duck-like is something I try to practice -- letting things roll right off. Trying to neatly tuck each issue into a box, because otherwise it would be overwhelming to face it all at once.

Several months removed from Sarah's death, I still find things that make me pause. The discussion of how hard it is to get out of the house with more than one child in tow. A friend complaining about their babe being up all night. The odd, infant-sized sock that finds its way into our laundry bin.

These things sneak up on me. I'm feeling fine, as normal as normal can be these days, and there she is, Sarah on my mind.

It's a bittersweet box to hold. Because you want to have happy thoughts when you think of your daughter. And yet her memory is deeply intertwined with such sadness.


No comments:

Post a Comment