Thursday, June 20, 2013

Expect

Jonah's last day of kindergarten is tomorrow, but I snapped the photo yesterday when I had the chance. He and Rach on the top step, dressed similarly to the way they were 10 months ago. 

I think everyone must get a little misty eyed when they send their first kid to school. It's a big step. 

But when I took that September photo, I was thinking about how it would be the first in a long series - and that our June photo would include a chubby cheeked 8 month old girl, with shiny hazel eyes.

Instead, the second photo is just two. Jonah is wearing loud, mismatched socks. Narrower cheeks, more big boy scowl. Rachel in tie dye, her hair missing the sun-kissed blonde streaks.

I want Sarah to be there, in that photo. To be part of the memories that grow.

1 comment: